- Smart, interoperable technology that integrates door locks into security and/or home automation systems.
- Lock, unlock and check lock status of doors remotely with a mobile device or secure internet connection
- Assign names to user codes for notifications via email or text about how and when the door was unlocked
- Remotely add or delete access codes
What is Baldwin Home Connect Technology?
- Smart, technologically-advanced home automation systems can add value to the home and increase overall quality of life for its occupants.
- Through advanced products like Baldwin’s Home Connect Technology, which provides door lock interoperability with security systems and home controls, homeowners have the opportunity to make their homes even smarter and programmed for the future.
- Home Connect technology enables locks to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home, such as the security system, lighting, thermostat, and entertainment system.
How does Home Connect work?
- Home Connect technology utilizes Zigbee or Z-Wave RF protocols that integrate with security or home automation systems supporting one of these two RF protocols.
- Technology gives homeowners the ability to lock and unlock doors using a remote control, web-enabled mobile phone, security system touch panel and/or secure Internet connection.
- Homeowners can customize codes on the lock to arm the home security system when the door is locked and disarm the system when the door is unlocked.
- Home automation systems can be configured to automatically set home lighting, music and climate controls based on the code used to unlock the door.
- Home Connect technology is reliant on the existence of a security or home automation system already installed in the home.
What makes Baldwin Home Connect technology convenient?
- Lock or unlock your doors remotely from a cell phone, internet or remote device
- Check lock status remotely
- Receive notification of who enters your home and when
- Remotely add or delete codes
- Interacts with alarm systems so you can lock/unlock your door locks when you arm or disarm your security system
- Communicates door lock status
- Locks door with handheld remote or touchscreen
- Automatically unlock doors in case of fire
- Integrated into same high-quality, luxury products Baldwin is known for
How do I install Home Connect Technology?
- Phillips head screw driver and 4 AA batteries. Two inclusion buttons on the interior of the lock help with the integration of the locks with a security or home automation system.
What finishes are available?
- Polished Brass, Oil-Rubbed Bronze, Venetian Bronze, Distressed Oil-Rubbed Bronze, Satin Nickel, Lifetime Satin Nickel, Polished Chrome and Satin Chrome